I thought, what with the weather starting to get chillier, I would share one of my favorite cool weather recipes with y’all:
Crock-Pot Chicken Chili
- 1 can black beans ( rinsed)
- 1 can corn, undrained
- 1 can Rotel, undrained
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 8 oz package light cream cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- In a large skillet – heat oil and cook onions for 8 minutes than add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Set your crock-pot to low and add chicken, “cooked” onions and garlic, black beans, corn, rotel, all the seasonings, ranch mix.
- Add cream cheese on top and cover and cook for 6 – 8 hours.
- Before serving shred chicken using two forks.
When making this for family, I leave out the cayenne pepper (because my mother is allergic to it) and it is just as delicious.
Do you have a favorite cold weather recipe?
Have a great weekend!